When we got my new fish

Me and my little brother, Jacob (he is in preschool and going in to kindergarten) are going to the pet store. I was super happy to be getting a new fish again. My old fish got a disease and then died. The fish is a beta fish. The disease made the ribs of the fish to get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger until the fish died. I was super sad. I really liked the fish.He was super special. So when we got to the pet store we immediately went to the fish section. I saw this cat fish last time. I wanted to see if the fish was still there, but the fish was not there.  Not at all. I was very sad. Then I saw a fish that had a fin.  I asked the person who was helping us, “What kind of fish is that?”

She said, ” That is a Bala shark.” The Bala shark was in a heated tank.  Goldfish do not like heated water.They like cold water. That is the opposite to the Bala shark. They like worm water . So we almost left, but then I knew what I wanted. (Or did I …)  I wanted a fish that wasn’t big then I got 2 goldfish and 3 mosquito fish . And those are my new fish .

4 thoughts on “When we got my new fish

1. Now, you can help me clean the tank…The fish seem to really enjoy seeing you when you walk by their tank. I am happy that we all enjoy y’all’s Chanukah present!

2. Justin – I love how you wrote this memory of buying your fish! I will add – you have been great in feeding them and of course – you talk to them. I am sure they enjoy hearing you. The fish you selected are perfect.

Dad