Hello people from the United Kingdom.

Hi my name is Justin I have some questions for you. 

What does you money look like. 

What language do you speak the best?

What food do you eat?  What are traditional foods?

What are the landmarks that are special?

If you read this please answer. 

6 thoughts on “Hello people from the United Kingdom.

1. Hi Justin!

My name is Katelyn and I lived in Leeds, which is in the northern part of England.

Money in the UK is very different to the US! The currency of the UK is called the pound (£). All of the bills are different sizes and colours. There UK also doesn’t have a $1 bill, instead they have a £1 coin! And instead of cents, the UK says “pence”.

English is the main language in the UK, but we lots of people speak Scottish, Welsh, and many other European languages like French, Italian, and German.

We eat lots of different foods in the UK but we love fish and chips, bangers and mash (which is sausages and mashed potatoes), and curries!

There are lots of special landmarks in the UK. In London we have Big Ben (which is a clock tower attached to the houses of parlement), Buckingham Palace (which is where the Queen lives!), many famous churches like Westminster Abbey, and skyscrapers like the Gherkin and the Shard! But there are also lots of beautiful landmarks across the UK like the Yorkshire Dales, Stonehenge, the Highlands, and the Giants Causeway.

I hope this helps you as you learn more about the UK!

1. Justin,
      Jamie, was a a 3rd grade student in my classroom in 1982. He saw your post about the UK and asked if he could share about the country he knew. I said I thought you’d be interested. I hope you have fun learning about Vietnam from another 3E student from many years ago.
      😌Mrs. Eaves

2. Hi Katelyn,

Thank you for all the information that you put on my blog. I kinda want to go to the UK, so I think this information would be very useful. My aunt studied in London for half a year of school. My mom just told me that my aunt studied there.

And thank you again.

2. Justin! I was born in Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City) in Vietnam. Though I live in California, I have been back to visit Vietnam.
    Their currency is not as valuable as the U.S. dollar, but the imagery reflects people and landmarks around the country. And some of the food we experienced was fantastic.
    They traditionally do not have sweets like cake and cookies for dessert, they usually finish a meal with fresh fruit, and dragon fruit is really pleasant; I’d describe it as a red peeling on the outside resembling a pineapple, but inside it is either white or pink depending on the variety, with little black seeds similar to something being peppered with poppy seeds, and the consistency is similar to a watermelon, but the taste is “different,” and I’m not sure how to describe it to something we have here in America.
    I cannot speak Vietnamese, since I grew up in America and speak English.
    While in Vietnam, I visited a UNESCO World Heritage site in Ha Long Bay. One of the giant picturesque cliffs on the $200,000 dong (one U.S. dollar is equivalent to a little more than $20,000 Vietnamese dong) provides the backdrop for that currency denomination.
    Hopefully you can look up pictures of these to see what I’m referring to.
    I wish you luck in your project!

1. Thank you for all this information. I kinda want to go there now. I like your description of the dragon fruit. It was a very good description. If I knew about it I don’t think I could do a better job describing it.

That’s cool that you had Mrs. Eaves! It is neat how you keep in touch with Mrs. Eaves.

Thank you again for all this information.