The Mouse and the Motorcycle – part 2

I am still reading Beverly Cleary’s book, The Mouse and the Motorcycle. I met the mouse, his name is Ralph and he wants to ride the motorcycle. So he climbs up the telephone cord and tries to ride the toy motorcycle but it just won’t work. Then he tries pushing himself and then the phone rang and he fell into the wastebasket. Then the kid was worried because he couldn’t find his motorcycle.

Then he found Ralph and helped him get out of the wastebasket. Then he and the kid had something that they were able to understand what they are saying. Then Ralph asks if he can ride the motorcycle in the hallway and then the kid says yes and that Ralph can use it at night and he can use it in the morning. And Ralph has a ride in the hallway. He almost gets seen two times. But the last time someone comes near Ralph, he is seen by Matt, the bellboy, who sees everyday. He opens the door to let Ralph in and then the kid’s mom sees him. She screams MOUSE! Then Ralph scurries up the kid and hides near his armpit. The dad says you saw a mouse riding a red motorcycle and starts laughing.

2 thoughts on “The Mouse and the Motorcycle – part 2

1. I think my favorite character is Ralph. He is super funny and he does all these crazy things.